CNC for a Simple PCB Project

Using my smaller mill I took a rectangular PC board, milled it over the course of several prototypes, and then soldered on components. On the back side is a button battery (CR2032).

I love having an idea and bringing it to life!

1 Like

Very cool and looks great! What PCB layout software are you using? :wink: LOL

Funny that I was thinking the exact same thing today. ie fun having the tools and skills to have an idea and make it reality. Two days ago I pulled out my rotary for the K40 and wanted to connect it to the Ortur but the cable was a JST-XH 4p and the Ortur was a JST-PH 6 pin. Amazon delivered the needed connectors in 1 day and today it’s connected. But the rollers are too far apart to etch toilet paper rolls and other diameters. So in FreeCAD I designed wheels which fit some o-rings and slip over the rollers and I just finished printing 12(4e of 3 different sizes) parts and putting on the o-rings. Tomorrow I make some toilet paper roll tea light luminaries. First rotary tool project.

Yeah, it’s the learning curve of PCB design software which has kept me from etching boards. Yesterday I just decided to look at a project as a typical CNC design project and within 10 minutes using clip art and Carbide Create I whipped out this design. It took an iteration or two to get spacings right but in the end I enjoyed doing this utterly useless project.

Let us know what great purpose those rotary etched toilet paper rolls are put to! :slight_smile: I guess you and I are just making for the sake of learning right now. Bravo!

1 Like

usless? I think not!

1 Like

That’s a lovely job of photo hacking, Doug! :grin:

1 Like