Paint Can Lid Remover - Behr Paint

I am not sure what brands are using this concept of lids for one gallon paint cans. My go-to brand is Behr and I have recently bought several gallons of what my Granddaughter has labeled Princess Pink and Prince Purple. Print time on this is about 2 hours and 55 minutes. I am using ABS with 30% infilling for strength. It is designed for a 3/8” ratchet. And it works a lot better than channel pliers when using the smaller, 2 ½” brushes or smaller. I was working with small Easter items and did not need a wide brush. The design work was done in Fusion 360.

It is item 5274128 on Thingiverse.com.

Thanks,
Rex

1 Like

Very Cool Rex, see a need, fill a need :slight_smile:

To continue the saga, I stopped by The Home Depot the other day for more materials and showed the paint department Homer my device. Only to be shown the FREE Behr handout opener / spout addressing the issue. Supposedly these are given out free with each purchase IF YOU ASK. Not sure how long these will hold up as openers, they are a bit light in material. I intend to use my opener and these as pouring spouts.

FYI – similar spouts available for 5-gallon paint buckets of heavier construction for a cost.

Thanks,

Rex