Building a Lounge Chair (but I don't have tools and live in Apt.)

Hi all! I am new here and this is my first post so bear with me.

I just moved to San Diego and am looking to build an outdoor lounge chair, but I don’t know where to begin.

If I purchased all of the materials for this project, does anyone know of a place in San Diego where I’d be able to rent out tools and a work space to cut/sand/construct the chair?

Any information or alternative solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

The San Diego Fine Woodworkers Association (SDFWA) is one of the oldest and best in the country and the Member Shop would have everything you need and more.

You can find all you need to know on the website, sdfwa.org, or, if you read this soon enough, there is a monthly “eye-opener” this morning at the member shop. Saturday, Feb. 25, 8:00 AM. Details available here.

Good luck with your build! I’ve never made a chair before, but I’ve made a little low bench with some scrap lumber and that was quite fun. What kind of chair are you planning on making?

And I was quite surprised to see that the “Welcome” message for the forum doesn’t describe how this forum goes hand to hand with the SDFWA shop, classes and activities etc. It seemed odd that someone could be here in this forum and have no idea the SDFWA shop existed. @SDFWA

1 Like

Good point, we should remedy that.

1 Like