No COM link between laser and computer

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a Ortur Laser Master 2. I have tried using LaserGRBL and Lightburn software. Neither my laptop, or home computer will register that the laser is connected through the hdmi port. I have tried loading the driver software from the programs, and off of the internet.
I actually run another laser engraver using the laptop and LaserGRBL software already, which leads me to believe that it’s a motherboard issue.
I have tried contacting the company that I purchased it through, as well as Ortur direct with no response from either.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Steve

Linux doesn’t require any drivers and is far more stable so maybe try using Linux and Lightburn and if that works then you know it’s a Windows problem. I hope you didn’t really mean HDMI port…

You also have to give Ortur some time to respond since they are in China and don’t start their day until after the work day here in San Diego is done.

Thanks Doug. I have tried using Lightburn. On 2 seperate computers with 2 different versions of Windows. If I hold in the power button on the laser, and tap the reset button, the laptop recognizes that something is there, but it won’t connect.
Thank you for correcting me. I had just opened a package with a new HDMI cable for another project…

why would you do that, ie hold the power button and tap the reset? you turn the laser on by first disconnecting everything from it(computer and power ), the plug in power the push and hold the power-on/off button for a couple of seconds. The red light should go from flashing to solid.
Now connect the USB cable to your computer and the laser cutter. I gave up on Microsoft and Windows decades ago so what hoops you have to jump through from there is specific to Windows. On Linux you just start using the software if your user has permission to access the port.

If you tried to flash the firmware you very likely bricked it. There’s no need to reflash the firmware at this time.