Epoxy. and Cherry Bowl

Folks I recently made a heart shaped bowl out of Epoxy and Cherry Wood starting with an STL file I bought from a person named Corbin Dunn. Good guy but his products are intimidating to people at times - mostly because he mainly uses Fusion 360 - not only for the designs but the CAM portion also. I took one of his designs - that he released as an STL and went through Step-by-Step on how the design can be made using vCarve Pro - based on the information Kyle has been teaching us. Kyle’s lessons were invaluable to me being able to do the project. To help others I made two YouTube Videos - one that discusses how to create a epoxy and cherry wood block to carve a bowl into, and the other on how to carve the bowl (from an STL) once you have the epoxy and cherry block. I will put a link to this playlist on my YouTube channel and although it seems like self promotion - what I hope is that it will serve as an additional resource for you to carve this bowl or any other bowl using an STL if you should want to tackle one. I will post a picture of the finished bowl. I am never sure how they will show up but will try. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbuKRLARGPOzer7NCzMwsXZj_OAxDIS_k

Epoxy and Cherry Bowl

The bowl is beautiful! I need to start focusing on cnc and vcarve. I’ve taken the cnc class and actually created a project from scratch. Fortunately, Pat was upstairs during my cnc shop slot. I had troubles getting started. He saw my emails and came downstairs to get me unstuck. Wouldn’t have determined the problem without him. I’m very appreciative of all the helpful folks in SDFWA.