Vaccinated coin

My Mother In Law was sad at her first vaccination that they didn’t give her a sticker.
So I made her this 2" coin for today’s second shot! I hope she likes it!
I am happy to share the lightburn file with this forum if someone would tell me how.

Susan

That’s cool!
I taught Intro to Laser last night.
Every single person had been vaccinated. Yey!

We should have used your file as one of our exercises. :blush:

1 Like

Aw! I emailed you the svg, dxf, and lbn. Thinking about it, I think the file was an image file from the cdc, so I used lightburn to trace it, then did some hacking around with the shapes until I could fill them the way I wanted. The trickiest part was putting the fill lines far enough apart and at an angle so where the V meets it would make a cute cross hatch, and at a low enough power that it wouldn’t burn the edges all around. I would do a line around the lettering, but I couldn’t get the power low enough! :slight_smile:

Feel free to share the files!

Susan

1 Like

The effect you were looking for has me wondering how much could be done with having the 2 legs of the Vee unique layers and adjust the raster direction to be along the lines in the design(ie shorted path across the leg of the Vee).

The effect you worked towards came out great.

Does the 5 holes at each end of the band-aid remind anyone of their Smallpox vaccine scar?
I wonder if that was the intent as most getting their vaccine now would probably have one.

1 Like