Fusion 360 SIG - October 12

October 12 is our next Fusion 360 SIG session. Hopefully, those who celebrate Columbus Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, or Thanksgiving Day (for those from much farther north), will be able to attend.

As we evolve the sessions from the mode of lessons toward a more traditional SIG, let’s try to make this one more regular and predictable as the second Monday of each month. Also, we can probably trim it to the range of 60-90 minutes.

Questions, problems, challenges, all are welcomed. If you post these to the forum in advance, or email them to me, then I can prepare to cover the subjects in the session. Also, we all like to see what others are doing and learn from them, so showing what you have done is desirable.

For the October 12 session, we will likely discuss the recent changes to the Personal/Hobbyist license functionality. Several of you have been digging into this issue and looking at alternatives - maybe you can share details in the SIG. I hope to have another version of the fruit bowl completed and if successful, I’ll show it. Maybe more interesting if not successful? :slight_smile:
If time permits, I’ll review the item of assembly/subassembly/component activation and impacts during design, as well as items submitted before the session or brought up during our discussion.

Register to get your Zoom link:
https://sdfwa.punchpass.com/classes/6777247

1 Like

Hi All

Just a reminder that our new shorter SIG meeting is scheduled for the second monday of the month, so that is tomorrow October 12. The agenda is:

• functionality changes to Hobbyist license of Fusion 360
  • discussion of assembly/subassembly/component activation level
  • group input with projects, questions etc
  • BYOB

Cheers!

This SIG was a bit smaller than most, I didn’t manage to promote it in time. We discussed the license issue a bit, but didn’t solve it :slight_smile:

Welcome to Jerry of the WoodTurners, who participated and contributed to the discussion.

We looked a bit at Assembly organization, and the importance of having the correct assembly, sub-assembly, or component selected when working on projects that use assemblies. We noted that a lot woodworking projects focus on a single component.

I presented the current state of my Fruit Bowl project, which uses a parametric-driven Fusion 360 design so that the design can easily be modified. After 2 prototypes, a finished bowl made of sapele turned out well.

Enjoy! See you all (and hopefully more) on November 9.