Lightburn runs on $39 computer

In another forum I’ve run across people wanting to run Lightburn on Raspberry Pi’s and other small computers and usually the answer is 'yes it runs on Linux but not with Linux on ARM CPU’s.

Well, I had an Atomic Pi I’d purchased to try running Tensorflow on and learned Tensorflow has been optimized for ARM as opposed to x86. So I just tried running Lightburn on it and it worked surprisingly well. My Atomic Pi came with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on the onboard EMMC storage drive so I just tried it. The only thing I needed to do was to set the dialout permissions for the default atomicpi user so that the USB device( /dev/ttyACM0 ) was accessible by Lightburn.

I don’t think it came with antenna’s for the Wifi or Bluetooth but it does have an ethernet interface.
It’s just $10 for a couple of antenna’s…
amazon.com

And if you don’t have a 5V 3A power supply then that’s another $10
amazon.com

Oh man, this is something I’m going to try!

Now the ONLY thing I need is a laser cutter/engraver, pref >100W to take over the garage and open up shop! That, and the power supply as noted.
Stay save everyone.

An idea for a source is a company I just learned about just north of SD. They import from China and sell/support locally. Here’s a Reci and RuiDa 24”x36” laser that looks pretty nice. Love the idea of “picking it up” locally.

https://www.toolots.com/100w-35-x-23-inches-co2-laser-engraver-electric-lifting-platform.html