Next CNC SIG to be combined

Hey, all! As you know, we usually have our CNC SIG on the third Saturday of the month. However, the next third Saturday is the week of the SDFWA Holiday Gift Sale, so we really don’t want a conflict with that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Then the next third Saturday is in the lead-up to Christmas :santa:t2: (really, is it that time already?), so that is not a good time to do it.

Fortunately Travis Good has found an excellent time for us to combine the November and December meetings into one. The next virtual CNC SIG will be Saturday, December 5th, at 10:00 AM via Zoom.

Let me know if there is anything in particular that you would like to present or see. You can register here for the Zoom link.

Everyone is welcome!!

Register for your Zoom link: https://sdfwa.punchpass.com/classes/7078727

San Diego Fine Woodworkers Association
CNC Special Interest Group

This is a reminder to all that the November and December meetings of the CNC SIG are being combined into a meeting this Saturday, December 5th, at 10:00 AM. If you can make it, please sign up in advance here. You can join the meeting day of by clicking here.

The initial focus of the meeting will be CNC Joinery, so, if you have any interest in the topic we encourage you to join us. Or, if you have any experience with the topic (good or bad) we would love to have you join us to help with the conversation.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

-e

@databaz I’ve not been let in yet, is the problem on my end or yours?

NEVER MIND, stopped the session and reconnected and was let it. I will not connect 5 minutes early next time. LOL

I would like to thank everyone who attended the CNC SIG meeting on Saturday. Most of all I would really like to thank Perry Crutchfield who gave a great presentation on the topic of creating joinery on a CNC machine:

During the presentation Perry gave he referenced a PowerPoint deck he has created. The deck is available here, and the joinery discussion begins on slide 24. Please use the deck as you wish, but before distributing it widely, you might check with Perry, @pwccycles here on the group.

If you have questions for Perry, he prefers that you post them here on the forum so the answers will be here to help everyone. If it warrants a phone call, you can negotiate that with him in a private message.

-e