Online Learning Resources

Everyone,

During Tim’s Online SIG I admitted to having been “cramming” to not look dumb.
The class I’ve taken is on Udemy, entitled “Fusion 360 for Hobbyists and Woodworkers”.
It’s not free but I think I paid something like $10. It was fast paced but I learned a lot.

With this title, I thought I would repost the links mentioned elsewhere. Maybe this thread can be the repository of these kinds of links.

For those who have experience with Solidworks or MasterCAM, Autodesk has self-paced learning on transitioning to Fusion 360.

Here is a video on Appearances and Rendering. We will have a session on this subject at some point, as it can get a bit complicated.

Another topic that came up was Bodies vs Components. Rob suggested a good video that explains this subject much better than I can. There is also some discussion of Top Down design, a subject that I want to expand on once we get a few basic skills under our belts.

In Monday’s session, there was a question about importing STL meshes to Fusion 360 and converting them to a solid. After conversion, we may be able to make some edits, though I haven’t played with the edits yet. Here is a video on the subject:

Udemy must be getting a great response from Dallas’s endorsement. It looks like they jacked up the price to $199.99 for the course.

Udemy’s model is regular flash sales.
I’ve never paid full price for any class there.
Just find the class, “heart” the class, and wait for notice of a sale.

Most of the time I’ve paid between 10% and 15% of the list price.

1 Like

You can get up to 95% off Udemy classes using the following code: UDEAFFDR220.

Availability is now and there are exclusions but it’s worth a try. Good luck!

1 Like

Had to try a couple times, got the invalid code message but then the price dropped to $25. Thanks for the tip and the discount code! Others may want to try it also.