San Diego Plastics Moved

I was in the vicinity of SD Plastics so I thought I’d check in. Arriving at the lot I was faced with a sign that said the building was available for lease. “Darn!” I thought, “Another victim of COVID.” Then I remembered, everybody bought plexiglas during the pandemic so there was NO WAY SD Plastics was out of business!

After a little hunting around I learned they moved down the highway a bit. Very similarly located off the west side of Interstate 5 but the Pomona St. exit in Chula Vista. Much improved area and across from Granger, near Harbor Freight and Tandy and so much more.

They only moved in October and don’t have their cutting machines set-up yet so there are no scraps to rummage through. I’ve been assured their great deals will return just as soon as they’re back in the business of cutting plastic. For now they’re only selling full sheets.

Never fear, SD Plastics is still here! Travis

https://g.page/SDPlastics?share

2 Likes

They were at the Clairmont location for a good 3 decades if memory serves right. The C19 stuff might have been the thing which kicked them into expanding as it seemed they were always busy no matter when I was there. Thanks for the heads up and saving many of us a trip to the old/closed location.