Managing tools on your CNC

A while back I bought some new end mills from Amana and I had to learn how to add them to Carbide Create. I’m happy to share my experience with that, but I want to share the stage with anyone else who has had to add or edit tools for any of their CNC machines or software. Let me know if you’ve had an experience you could share…

CNC SIG - Saturday, October 17, 2020, at 10:00 AM

-e

It would be helpful if someone walked through the tool libraries of VCarve and Carbide Create. Using well-configured tools is fundamental to getting effective toolpaths defined. If someone wanted to volunteer to do a walk through, of either or both packages, then that’d be a valuable addition. This would set the stage nicely for Ed’s insights about adding new tools.

CNC SIG - Saturday, October 17, 2020, at 10:00 AM

https://sdfwa.punchpass.com/classes/6797315

Vectric just made all their Worldwide User Group files available to us.
There’s quite an interesting abundance and variety of items included.
Perhaps we could add discussing the contents to next SIG’s agenda?

The zip file is available in the CNC shared folder on our Google Drive.

Would you be able to guide us in this discussion? :upside_down_face:

-e

I’ll be in Austin with my daughter’s family and don’t know that I’ll be available. It’ll be noon there and I can easily see us out and about. However, if I can join and you have time then I could walk through the Vcarve and Carbide Create tool libraries and the Vectric User Group bundle.

Given the doubt that I’ll be available, would someone else like to step forward and help?

This is another bundle that Vectric has made available:

I’m sure we can find someone to take us through it, we certainly don’t need to interrupt your trip! Have a great time!

Turns out I’m back … seems it’s prudent to consult one’s calendar before commenting. :innocent: