Multi-pour Epoxy Inlays

1 Like

Regarding sealing the wood with optically clear UV curable glue… Here’s what is used on mobile phones and tablet screens - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2ZLB5O

I don’t know how well it’ll spread and if the viscosity is so low it soaks in too much and requires too much material. There are dozens of this type of glue around these days and probably varying characteristics.

1 Like

Good Morning Travis, I finished up a couple of epoxy cutting boards and thought I’d post them. What I was wondering is if there is a projects section/thread (didn’t find it) or if I should just tack onto one of the epoxy inlay threads… What would you do?

Ian, given your calibre of work I can’t wait to see them!

Please post them here in the forums, within this thread
or if you prefer then in our Projects Built thread.

And if you don’t mind then I may post them to our Instagram feed.

I did a couple of serving tray / cutting boards recently. One of which I used the techniques talked about in the SIG meeting a few weeks ago. One was used many times before I was able to get pictures…
First the little one…

Then one a little more substantial, with a few multi-pours, including 2 re-do s because I didn’t like the color. If you zoom in the text is clear, just could not get the lighting right for this one. Sanded all the way thru the micro-mesh to get the epoxy smooth. One surprise for me was how the bottle glass, and Bella Text came out. It looks better in person then in the photos… (for once :wink: )

2 Likes

Very nice! I have not set aside the time to try this, yet…