Today I spent time with James Collard and Walt Groves.
We were reviewing the Vcarve Inlay class materials.
One unexpected benefit of an advanced topics class
is the sidebar insights from others in the class.
I wanted to share with you something James shared with us:
Here is the info on Feeds & Speeds Calculators as alternatives to G-Wizard:
- Shapeoko forum - 2 spreadsheet versions described in: Feeds & speeds - Shapeoko CNC A to Z
- 1. Originally developed by Gerald Mackelberg based on a worksheet on the NCYCNC site. (attached as “AC Router SFPF Workbook Ver.1.1 (2020-04-11).xlsx”
- 2. A much simpler version developed by the Shapeoko author (link above) based on Gerald Mackelberg’s spreadsheet described in the previous step. This is the one I most frequently use ( attached as “FS_worksheet_basics.xlsx”)
- FS Wizard: looks intriguing. Owned and developed by Eldar Gerfanov, who also owns and developed HSM Advisor. It appears to be a simpler (relative to HSM Advisor or G-Wizard), easy-to-use feeds & speeds calculator that runs as a mobile app. Will likely more than satisfy the needs of most of us though you will likely want the Pro version. https://fswizard.com/
- HSM Adisor: a competitor to and perhaps superior to G-Wizard according to most comparisons that I have read. Very powerful, but likely overkill for most users: https://hsmadvisor.com/
Side note: the first wonderfully accessible calculator is by our very own Gerry Mackelberg!